FedEx Custom Critical, with headquarters in Ohio, is North America's largest time specific critical shipment carrier
providing the fastest, door-to-door same-day and next-day delivery of
urgent freight, valuable items and hazardous goods.
It was founded in 1947 under the name Roberts Cartage, then became an expedited carrier in 1980 as Roberts Express and finally rebranded as FedEx Custom Critical in 2000. FedEx Custom Critical serves North America and internationally, 24/7, 365 days a year with a workforce of more than 1,500 team members.
Among its awards are:
- Logistics Management magazine: Quest for Quality Awards — “#1 Expedited Motor Carriers” (2013)
- NASSTRAC: "Expedited Carrier of the Year" (2013)
Diversity is an important value embraced by FedEx, so it does its best to create an environment that provide rewarding opportunities for its employees to contribute and grow, and where the values of diversity is embedded in its organization.
With a diverse workforce, supplier base and supporting culture, FedEx is able to better serve customers and compete effectively in the world marketplace. This forms part of its diversity mission statement which also expresses: We value the contributions and perspectives of all employees regardless of race, gender, culture, religion, age, nationality, disability, or sexual orientation.
We will strive in our workplace practices to deal with our employees, customers and suppliers in a fair and ethical manner.
As testament to its sincere commitment to diversity, FedEx has been recognized with the following diversity awards:
- Champion of Diversity Award from the New York Urban League
- one of the top 40 companies for diversity by Black Enterprise magazine,
- one of the top 50 employers by Minority Engineer magazine
- honored by Pink magazine as a great place for women to work. Pink magazine placed FedEx in its Elite Eight due to the number of women in executive position
What a great place to work indeed; see how you can become part of this well-established global diversity company. Come to DiversityWorking, the largest job board online, and browse for FedEx Custom Critical jobs.