Creating a diverse workplace is the cornerstone of growth, so companies and organizations that desire to attain exponential growth should strive to achieve genuine workplace diversity, said Nareen Young, CEO of Diversity Council Australia.
And so, to help companies create a truly inclusive and diverse workplace, Young gave the following tips:·
- Evaluate the company’s level of inclusiveness and identify and resolve issues that hinder diversity.
- Communicate the benefits of creating a diverse workplace to your employees and engage them to take part in achieving the goal.
- Root out discrimination in the company, particularly in the hiring and retention process.
- Value employees from diverse cultural and racial backgrounds; these employees may help you expand your market reach because of their diverse knowledge and experiences.
- Provide equal flexible work privileges to all employees, regardless of age, race or gender.
- Respect indigenous people’s customs, beliefs and traditions.
- Put your managers to task in promoting workplace diversity.
- Ensure employee protection against workplace discrimination and sexual harassment.