Saturday, April 30, 2016
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 11:44:00 PM
It is not clear why Europeans fixated on the skin color of Africans. Perhaps they did so simply because the physical appearance of blacks was so markedly different from their own and, regarding themselves as superior beings, most Europeans associated a series of negative characteristics with blacks. This view of blacks preceded slavery and helped to justify it. At the same time, slavery deepened racism. The two seem to have existed in tandem. - Did slavery cause racism?
Thus, where does this prejudice or bias against darker skins come from? Is there a psychological factor involved that leads to the irrational hatred of people with black skin? Not only western whites, but Asians with fairer skin also have this negative attitude towards people with black or darker skin.
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 4:17:00 AM
Friday, April 22, 2016
Children develop their identity and attitudes through experiences with their bodies, social environments, and their cognitive developmental stages (Derman-Sparks, 1989). As these three factors interact, young children progress through certain stages of racial and cultural awareness.
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 6:43:00 AM
Sunday, April 17, 2016
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 5:19:00 AM
- Receive, sort and distribute mail to the office
- Receive and greet vendors and visitors for access into the building
- Maintain mailroom and other shared areas as needed
- Work with members of the Finance Department to complete daily, weekend, and monthly reporting, filing, and other organization tasks
- Coordinate travel, communication and other tasks from key members of the finance organization
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly and work with others
- Collection experience or experience interacting with customers on a service level
- Must be organized and be able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 3:08:00 AM
- Must comply with all Management System policies and procedures.
- Direct management of labor crew at job site.
- Establish and maintain productive relationship with customer s onsite representative.
- Communicate/coordinate all project information with US Ecology project manager.
- Establish and maintain a safe work environment in accordance with OHSA regulations and Site Specific Health & Safety Plan.
- Coordinate the performance of work in accordance with specifications, drawings and work plans.
- High School or equivalent required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have experience with supervising civil and environmental construction projects including Remediation and industrial services
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must have experience with Industrial cleaning equipment (vacuum trucks, water blasters, etc.)
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 2:51:00 AM
- Provide echnical support related to landfill development, mass balance considerations and construction phasing considerations.
- Coordinate and review secondary design components prepared by third parties, as needed.
- Project management of complex construction projects including engineering review, development of bid packages, contractor selection and contract development/management.
- Review landfill as-built surveys; including volume surveys and compaction optimization.
- Provide process engineering support and associated monitoring and evaluation of waste treatment processes.
- A licensed professional engineer with a Bachelor s degree in related engineering field.
- Master s degree is preferred, not required.
- 5+ years of experience in design and project management.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD, Slope/W, MS Word, Excel, Power Point and mapping software.
- Professional Engineering License or be able to attain one within 12 months subsequent to commencing employment.
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 2:07:00 AM
- Main responsibility is to participate in support activities related to field remediation work performed by the Company.
- Comply with all Management System policies and procedures
duties in a safe and compliant manner
- Ability to secure a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- CDL A or B with hazardous and tanker endorsements
- Clean driving record, no violations for the past 36 months
- 1-2 years previous experience (preferably with vacuum trucks and tankers)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read, write, and understand the English language, and able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Physically able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 1:40:00 AM
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 1:33:00 AM
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Here is one example of how collectivism - in providing healthcare - is not doing diversity any good. An American doctor, John Hunt, MD, gave up his medical practice in the US, but went to Liberia to continue working as a doctor, due to what he said in his interview with Foundation for Economic Education, as the system is so profoundly broken and immoral now that I had to pay heed to brilliant modern philosopher Paul Rosenberg, who recently modified the quote attributed to Edmund Burke. Rosenberg says, “The only thing necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to obey.” See more here:
Some thoughts on Collectivism:
A Milton Friedman quote rightfully points out why groupthink or group politics is not good for diversity working, in a specific way:
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect). –Mark Twain, Notebook
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 7:35:00 PM