Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 11:26:00 PM
Saturday, September 20, 2014
- Review policies — NDEAM is an opportune time to review your company's policies to ensure they convey a commitment to an inclusive workplace culture.
- Establish an ERG — NDEAM is a perfect time to launch a disability Employee Resource Group (ERG).
- Create a display — NDEAM is a great time to freshen up bulletin boards in break areas or other locations that employees frequent by posting positive messages about your company's commitment to a disability inclusive workforce.
- You can find out more helpful ideas and resources from DOL here.
"The first step in this cycle is expectation...youth with disabilities must grow up expecting to work and succeed, and the messages can’t start early enough. This expectation must then follow them through school and college and into the workplace, another critical step in the cycle. Employers must foster flexible work environments open to employing the talents of all qualified individuals. When high expectations meet inclusive workplaces, we reach the final step, and what my dedicated colleagues and I ultimately seek to achieve: empowerment."
Diversity companies are among those helping empower people with disabilities as they actively seek them out for hiring. www.diversityworking.jobs a job board whose job seekers can find jobs from companies that endorse diversity and equal employment opportunities, partners with SubmitReferral, an automated personal referral marketing system with a diveristy base of over 1 million users.
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 12:00:00 AM
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Founded in 1991 on the principle of providing unsurpassed values in the middle price range, Bob's needs motivated and career-minded team players that set the benchmark high for true sales professionals, who can champion "Bob's Way" treating people with integrity and respect while providing a world class customer experience.
To apply and learn more about the job's key responsibilities, qualifications and benefits here.
Bob's Discount Furniture is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to reasonably accommodating qualified persons with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential duties of their position, as well as building a diverse workforce that come from different backgrounds without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, and perspectives. Thus, it partners with DiversityWorking in its search for the most talented people among diversity communities.
DiversityWorking.com is the largest diversity job board online with a mission to provide job seekers with thousands of positions to search for, matching many different professional careers and experience levels. Products and services include a resume database, job search engine, and targeted corporate diversity branding opportunities.
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 6:28:00 PM
Sunday, September 7, 2014
By correlating diversity in leadership with market outcomes as reported by respondents, we learned that companies with 2-D diversity out-innovate and out-perform others. Employees at these companies are 45% likelier to report that their firm’s market share grew over the previous year and 70% likelier to report that the firm captured a new market.
- Diversity is a a key driver of innovation and is a critical component of being successful on a global scale.
- A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial for companies that want to attract and retain top talent.
- Responsibility for the success of company's diversity/inclusion efforts lies with senior management.
- Significant progress has been made to build and retain diverse workforces, but there are still some impediments to companies' efforts.
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 5:04:00 AM
Friday, September 5, 2014
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 7:28:00 PM