Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 3:09:00 AM
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
“Beyond economic strength, a mix of ethnicities will make us more tolerant and empathetic towards others. Rather than recoiling from a gay couple or crossing to the other side of a street from a black man in a hoodie, we can learn to see these individuals as people rather than a blanketed ‘other’.”
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 8:46:00 AM
Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Managing diversity as focusing on maximizing the ability of all employees to contribute to rganizational goals.
- Affirmative action focuses on specific groups because of historical discrimination, such as people of color and women.
- Affirmative action emphasizes legal necessity and social responsibility; managing diversity emphasizes business necessity.
- In short, while managing diversity is also concerned with underrepresentation of women and people of color in the workforce, it is much more inclusive and acknowledges that diversity must work for everyone.
- Develop greater insight into our interconnectedness.
- Expand our awareness of different perspectives.
- Enhance our self-awareness.
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 7:59:00 AM
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Another report says that the ruling is viewed as unlikely to have a direct effect on admissions at Iowa's three public universities, which have affirmative action policies regarding employment, but do not consider race and ethnicity in admissions decisions. However, two representatives of minority groups in Iowa expressed concerns about the decision.
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 10:37:00 PM
Saturday, April 19, 2014
The article quoted Brad Smith, Chair of the LCLD board of directors and General Counsel and Executive Vice President for Microsoft Corporation, “Unless the legal profession makes faster progress, it will miss out on the dynamism and creativity that diversity brings. We need a legal profession that is as diverse as the country we serve.” Read more here
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 1:33:00 AM
Friday, April 18, 2014
Posted by Your Diversity Career Consultant at 10:34:00 PM